At Orthopaedic Clinics Gold Coast, your health and safety is our highest priority. We are closely monitoring developments in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and implementing strategies to reduce the risk of exposure to you and your families.
In line with the best advice available and consistent with Government Health recommendations, please review our current policy. This policy is likely to change as the situation and advice continues to evolve.
- Patients who have returned from ANY overseas travel within the past 14 days will not be seen in the practice. Appointments will be rescheduled post 14 day quarantine period.
- Patients who have been in direct contact with COVID19 or have flu-like symptoms, a cough or runny nose are asked to NOT attend the practice. Appointments will be rescheduled.
- Patients who have had direct contact with COVID19 or have had any flu-like symptoms within the past 14 days will not be admitted to a hospital for surgery. Surgery will be rescheduled to a date no less than 14 days from the date of their return to Australia.
- Patients over the age of 70 years should not attend appointments. We will do our best to arrange telehealth reviews where possible.
- Patients over the age of 70 years will not be admitted to hospital for non-urgent surgery. Any currently booked procedures will be cancelled unless by surgeon’s explicit directive.
- Patients with a reasonable likelihood of requiring High Dependecny Unit or Intensive Care Unit care post-op will have surgery postponed unless by surgeon’s explicit directive.
- Patients with children under the age of 12 months in their care will have their appointments postponed until further notice.
- All patients currently booked for 6 month or 12 month reviews are to be postponed by six months.
- OCGC will not be offering appointments at the Robina practice until further notice.
- Effective Wednesday 18th March, each of our surgeons will only consult from 1 site each.
- Southport Practice: Dr Matthew Alfredson, Dr James Reidy and Dr Will Talbot
- Tugun Practice: Dr Fraser Taylor, Dr Jason Tsung, Dr Francois Tudor and Dr Mario Zotti
We understand cancelling or postponing your appointment or surgery can be disappointing and stressful, however we are making these decisions based on the best advice we have available in order to protect the wellbeing of you and the community. This must be our priority.
The OCGC website and Facebook page will be the primary source of communication for any updates on our policy as we continue to be guided by government guidelines and best practice to prevent the spread of the virus.
We thank you for your ongoing support. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 399 223